Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Does 1-800-Dentist still exist?

I got a filling a month ago and the dentist said I needed to let her know if it was still sensitive after 2 weeks because it was very close to the nerve. When she did my filling she gave me a squishy stress ball thing in the shape of a tooth... everytime she'd walk out of the room, I'd put the tooth down on the side table. Then she'd come back in and would see it and say, "Oh, you lost your tooth" and she'd pick it up and hand it back to me. This happened at least 3 times. You'd think she'd catch on that I wasn't in the mood to play with her toy.

After a month, I was still experiencing some sensation on my tooth, so I went back. She didn't even look in my mouth! Just told me to reschedule with the specialist for a possible root canal. So I go to the specialist yesterday... he bangs on my teeth with the handle end of his instruments, then lectures me about wasting his time... then he finds out what I do (oh, did I mention he has a weird speech impediment... elmer fuddish) and talks to me for like 30 minutes about how he collects comic and animation art. He tells me about all these cells he has and all the artists he's met. Meanwhile, I'm pissed about his lecture and just want to get back to work...

Know any good dentists?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear Crystal really likes Gentle Dental on 5th Avenue. Just kidding. She hates it there.

Anonymous said...

i went to a dentist on gramercy park. i forget his name, but he looked like rick moranis. and...the filling he did for me chipped...so, i do not recommend him! sorry man.

klydelanta said...

maybe you can ask bachman for a consultation?