Tuesday, September 26, 2006

warm tummy

I'm eating some kind of hot beef and vegetable and barley(?) soup. It's nice because I can feel the heat sliding down to my tummy.

Last night in class I was taking notes and the professor jumped topics so quickly I decided I needed to stop writing in print and start writing in cursive. I have no idea how long it's been since I've written in cursive but I couldn't do it! I mean, I tried and stuck with it, but it looks so bad and I spent too much time focusing on how to make letters than on the lecture. Naturally my cursive m's were cursive n's and my cursive r's were non-existent.

After class the wife and I had Thai with some old friends. They're both single and in their late 30's early 40's. They act like a married couple, but I could never actually see them being together.

Today is the wife's last day working at the zoo this year... yip yip!

Last night before class started I was talking to my table neighbors about the readings and discussing how we all google the stuff after we read it to find some clearer understanding. I told them that wikipedia had been quiet helpful and that from it I discovered that Heidegger (one of the authors) was a nazi... that helped explain some things... The two girls were like "you should bring that up tonight!" and then as our instructor was preparing the projector to show us a clip from Blade Runner he said "Does anyone know what Heidegger's political views were?" but I wasn't paying attention because I was excited to see a clip of Blade Runner (which I've never seen). The girls shouted in unison that I knew the answer but before I could figure out what they were talking about another guy shouts "He was a Nazi!" there went my chance of being the Apt Pupil (<--- oh man that's my best pun ever!!!)

Photos will come soon on my media blog, and perhaps the response paper that I wrote for my theory class... he graded on Pass/Fail but the P at the top of my paper looked more like a q and the "True, Nice" at the end looked more like a "See Me" (maybe I just was afraid of failing so I construed it to be bad... or maybe he forgot how to write in cursive too)

No comments: