Tuesday, October 02, 2007

The Box

I'm really digging pandora.com. I'd heard about it before, but Rob and Son reminded me about it and boy am I glad. Good stuff.

My boss is back after an extended sick leave. He ran into me yesterday on the street while I was walking around on my lunch break... Naturually, I was scowling at the world around me, and he asked me why as he rubbed the spot between my eyes with his finger. Then he treated me to coffee and asked how life's going. He's acting like a changed man... and he's lost enough weight to look like one.

Can I just repeat myself by saying I love fall? I say this every year... over and over... always singing that old Rugrats song "Fall is here, Fall is here, It's the most wonderful time of year". I guess Faall does to me what spring does to most people. It feels like a renewal... a time to start fresh. A chance to cozy up to myself and those I love. It gets the motivation moving and the creative juices flowing. Hooray Fall!

5 comments:

sooprgrll said...

we need to go and enjoy the Fallness in Greenwood

Anonymous said...

Fall is my favorite season too! I would love to live in a place where it was constantly fall and never summer (which reminds me of the white witch, who made it always winter but never christmas).

Check out this creepy site:
www.pettributecreations.com

While I'm not a designer, I can do that much with photoshop. I thnk I just found my new side business....

Anonymous said...

Reaching out and rubbing the spot in between your eyes is an weirdly intimate gesture for your boss to make towards you...

I'm glad *my* boss isn't tall enough to do that to me.

thisisntjimmy said...

It was a very intimate moment... slightly awkward. This is a man that used to frighten me.

Abbi Crutchfield said...

Losing weight gives people a sense of authority. I should know. I'm skinny. Now GO MAKES ME A SAMMICH.