What a beautiful spring like day smack in the middle of our winter. I used to say winter was my favorite, but I think I've decided I prefer spring... falls fun too... summer remains my least favorite. I've got our windows open!
I got to head to the city and pick up my developed 8mm film for class tomorrow night, and was home by 5pm! What to do with all this extra time! Actually, I've got plenty of reading for class to do and I'm exhausted too. Reading about my man Stan Brakhage. His thoughts on sight, representation, and art as worship are intriguing me.
SOOOoooo.... If you didn't know, the wife and I are going to Romania! We bought our tickets last night to get there. We're flying to Zurich then to Budapest and then being picked up and driven to the small town in Romania where we will be volunteering at an orphanage for a week. This is thanks to a generous gift from the wife's dad to let us effect humanity. Of course since we're going to be in Europe, we're not going to stop there! After a week at the orphanage, we're going to travel around on the train for 2 weeks. Perhaps Bucharest since we'll be in Romania, then backtrack trough some other countries and ending in London to fly back. I think we'll definitely make Italy happen, and likely France, but not sure where else we'll spend time or just ride through. TBD... but suggestions are welcome!
6 comments:
What supplies do you need for your orphanage visit? I am sure our church youth group or are own personal child would like to have an opportunity for helping those less fortunate. Well, they might not like it but the adults might feel like they need to do it-he he!!
sorry can't fix "are child" to say "our child" but it is bugging me so I had to do an addendum!
When is this trip going to occur? It sounds kind of amazing.
last 3 weeks in June. We're excited
so glad to hear that flights are finally booked and that you've selected an itinerary (well, almost). i'm thrilled for you both to have such an opportunity.
go to croatia!
Post a Comment