This is Justine's work from the first week...

She had never had a drawing class before, so these are quite impressive. You can see in the torso and hips that she was thinking about the ideas I shared with them on the first day regarding the way the ribs and vertabre connect to the hips with this powerful energy... here is another drawing of hers from the first 2 weeks that shows that idea more.

And here is one of her more recent drawings in pencil... pencil allows us to be a little cleaner, but it's still important to draw as if you're thinking on paper (<-- more bable that only I understand... poor kids)

Now onto Mark, who actually goes to an arts' highschool. He's actually in a program right now where they curate a show rather than doing art... that's kinda interesting. Anyway, I think you can see that he came into the class drawing "marshmallow men".

Actually, this isn't so bad for him. When he first started drawing nudes, they were just cookie cutter outlines. This day, the model was clothed and the stretch in the fabric helped him out.
Here's a discussion he and I had about a couple of ideas... this is his drawing and my comments in red chinamarker.

Here is some of his work now that he's getting a better understanding of the energy ideas we've talked about.

I'll throw some of my work up here too, but I do have to note (if only for myself) that I only get to draw a couple of times in each class and I never get to do the warm ups, so a lot of this feels a little rigid to me, but I still like what I've done.


5 comments:
snap
Interesting and very good. I can not draw anything but a stick figure so I am impressed.
you didn't post my fabulous class demonstrations...ha! good thing....they're uuuuuuuugly!
Dang, that marshmallow-guy student made a lot of doggone progress.
"You can china marker me any day."
What?! You don't like flaming balls?! :) I suppose those drawings are pretty good...they're no manatees, but they're ok.
Post a Comment