Thursday, July 24, 2008

I'm the villain

So I'm reading my Sherlock Holmes book on the train this morning... it's a story about the KKK... they send envelopes to people with 5 orange seeds in them to let them know that they are going to kill them. Since the story was written in Britain in the late 1800's, I imagine the KKK was still novel... Watson didn't know about them in the story. SO they kill (SPOILER ALERT) Sherlock's client, and that makes this case even more personal for him. After a long day away, Sherlock comes back to Baker Street and Watson asks him if he knows who in the KKK did the killings... does he have a clue? Sherlock replies that they are going to repay the villains with their own game, and he grabs and orange and starts digging for its pips. He tells Watson to grab an envelope and address it to Captain J@m3s C@--oun. (In my attempt to remain anonymous online, i'm holding back, but suffice it to say, it was my name!). Then the train pulled into 23rd street and I had to quickly put my book in my bag and go. I hope he doesn't kill me... I'm living with anxiety until I can finish reading it on my ride home!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's pretty scary. What if it changes to the name of whoever is reading the book? Like Neverending Story? That would be fun. Except most people want to be the hero of the story, not the villain.

I loved the Beaker clip!!! He makes me so happy. Chase told me Beaker flipped off Scrooge in Muppet Christmas Carol. I thought he was full of it but when I watched the scene, it looks like he really does! Yay Beaker for not letting the man keep him down.

Tommie said...

Does it disturb you more that Sherlock was going to kill the character with your name or that the character with your name was in the KKK?

thisisntjimmy said...

It was the KKK thing that disturbed me most actually... but both were unsettling. (ANOTHER SPOILER) My name sake dies in a boat accident rather than by the hands of Holmes.

Abbi Crutchfield said...

I have read The Five Orange Pips. I like that Sir Arthur wrote about American culture without really knowing it. I have two giant compilations of all Holmes stories, if you'd ever like to borrow them. I use them to solve crimes.