Monday, February 27, 2006

full-length

I'll try to make this my last "Locker Room Story", but you have to understand how much my trips there bring excitement to my life. Like last week when I saw the guy that was most likely an F-to-M tranny, but could have just been a guy on steroids, but this isn't that story. No, this is the story of the friendly asian dude. After my workout I was sitting in front of my locker, preparing to shower, when this tiny old naked asian dude comes up to the locker next to me. (I wasn't aware it was occupied because he didn't use a lock. This is why I didn't leave the empty buffer locker(s) between us. So naked asian dude sits down and is doing his thing and then looks over at me and says, "Football player?" and I say "nope".
"What sport you play?"
"I'm just trying to get in shape. I don't play."
"Dancer?"
"nope"
"Singer"
"nope. I'm a painter." I wanted to appease him, but I don't even know how to explain to my peers what kind of artist I am, so I say I paint because why not.
"Oh a painter! Very good. You know many artists do not get known until they are dead." And not to stereotype the guy, but his accent made this seem wise and I decided he was full of answers. However, I was large naked white dude at this point and he was still little naked asian dude, so I decided it was time to go shower. I assumed he would be gone by the time I got back so I told him to have a good day.
But alas, when I return, he is (dressed and) still there. I start doing my thing and then he says, "Can you tell what this is meaning?" and he points to a paper and the words underlined say "Full-Length Picture".
"That means a picture of your whole body, head to toe."
"Oh, whole body."
"Yeah"
"You very American. You know what it means. (I wasn't sure how to take the american part) Like this?" And he shows me a photocopy of people dancing.
"Yeah"
"Like this?" and he shows me a photocopy of himself dressed in an outfit and standing in a pose. I notice that the top of the paper says Tai Chi.
"Yeah. Do you do Tai Chi?"
"Yes. I teach here 10 year. I teach 20 years (and he moves his hands in a way that I know he means he's been teaching 20 years total"
"Oh wow, that's great"
"So how you think I fit this picture on business card" He shows me a mock up of a business card and he wants to put his picture on it (and there's clearly no room).
"I don't know"
"Could i put it on other side?"
"Yeah, that would be perfect"
"Thank you"
Then he made a call on his cell phone and I used the moment to excuse myself to go to the sink. I heard him talking in what I will assume was chinese, and then say in english "full length Picture".
"When I come back he is leaving and he tells me to have a good day and I tell him the same.

The art therapy department is in the third floor of the building across the street and I saw them having a movement class of some kind this morning. At first I thought they were dancing in a big circle, but then realized there was a leader. At one point they were all facing the window and waving their arms, so I waved at them. They laughed.

Check this: http://springbreaknola.blogspot.com/
My friend who is part of this is in her studio across the street from me right now and I see that she has one of those clip-to-your-ear phones on. Kira, not cool... not cool. HA! but I do want to try to get some Clem Snide to you...

5 comments:

Knoxville Romance Reader said...

I think I should let "hubby" tell you some of his locker room stories!

Knoxville Romance Reader said...

Well I'm sure I will write more about other subjects as well so check back often.
your sis

Anonymous said...

man! sooooo lucky! at least you HAVE naked locker room stories. that is something that is truly missing from my life. i'm way jel.

Anonymous said...

Just testing.....

Anonymous said...

TIJ: could I post your drawing of the peanut in the mouth (on cf)?